Resources for Youth, Parents and Caregivers
Watch what happens when we all come together to invest in our children and play an active role in enriching lives.
Tobacco Valley has an incredible spirit and a commitment to strong family values and helping our kids.
We work collaboratively with our partners to connect youth and families to resources, programs, and activities that promote healthy lifestyles, elevate well-being, and inspire them to reach their highest potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the link between Communities that Care and Spring Up?
Spring Up is a community-based organization that utilizes the Communities That Care process to promote and elevate the well-being of our local youth and families.
What are the identified health behavior outcomes?
Youth surveys, listening sessions, and focus groups across the community have identified the following issues as most concerning when it comes to healthy youth development, resilience, and thriving.
- Depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation
- Youth substance use (alcohol, marijuana, vaping)
What are the priority risk factors that contribute to behaviors of concern among young people in our community?
- Growing the skills needed to build safe, nurturing relationships, set clear expectations, and follow through with reasonable consequences when needed.
Gaining access to information needed to understand the potential impact of drugs and alcohol on their child’s developing brain.
Connecting with resources that teach healthy decision-making and coping skills.
What are the protective factors we as a community can promote?
Bonding and Attachment
- Learning ways to strengthen relationships and connections with safe and nurturing adults that express care, provide support, challenge growth, and expand possibilities for learning and growing.Opportunities and Recognition for Safe, Positive, Healthy Engagement
What are the focus areas of Spring Up?
- Strengthen Developmental Relationships
- Promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Support and Expand Opportunities and Recognition for Prosocial Engagement
- Elevate Well-being
What are the tested and effective programs Spring Up and its partners are investing in that serve and strengthen families, reduce risk, increase protection, and make a positive and lasting impact on youth and families in our community?
What activities can I get involved with?
In the coming year, Spring Up will grow a trusted presence in the Tobacco Valley community by connecting youth and families with opportunities to learn, grow and play together!
- Wellness Week
- Family Dinner Nights
- Sparks Nights
How can I get involved?
Make a difference by sharing your time, talents, resources, and connections!
Join Spring Up today and get involved in one (or more!) of our six work groups:
- Community Outreach
- Youth Involvement
- Data and Evaluation
- Community Resource Assessment
- Community Board Maintenance
Contact Spring Up Tobacco Valley
Get in touch with our team